RavenVampireClub

Monday, February 26, 2007

What Lies Ahead



By Penelope Marzec

Sometimes my mother knew what would happen in the future--but only the immediate future--and only for those near and dear to her. All her episodes of ESP involved those she loved, but she never related her prescience until after the event--which made some family members skeptical. However, I believed her. Still, there were times when I wished she would let everyone in on her foreknowledge of events. For instance, when I decided to take my younger sister skiing, why couldn’t she have warned me not to go? If she had maybe my sister would not have wound up with a broken leg. My mother was convinced that if she told me I would not have paid any attention to her warning.

Maybe. Maybe not. But I thought it was worth a try. After all, what good are warnings if you don’t act upon them?

It wasn’t until I was all grown up with children of my own that I would occasionally experience some sort of message and I began to understand why my mother always kept her foreknowledge to herself, because she was right, nobody does pay any attention to a warning.

Once, I helped to convince my sister that she should stop dating a guy--he was such a loser and she deserved better. After she dropped him, she was miserable--and I became very concerned. What if she did not find someone else? What if I was instrumental in ruining all her chances for happiness? I felt awful.

Sometime afterwards, I received a message that my sister would get married. The message came to me clearly--not in the form of words, but as a sort of knowing. I had never experienced something like that until that point. It was not simply my own thought--it was given to me.

Naturally, it took time before my sister found the wonderful man she would marry. All I could say to her in the interim was that I knew she would get married. It sounded rather lame. But at least, I was right.

I have experienced a few other messages since then. I cannot turn my clairvoyance on or off--and just like my mother, my foreknowledge of events only concerns those close to me. Once, both my daughter and I experienced the same message at the same time--and we did try to tell everyone, but no one believed us.

But we were warned. And maybe that’s the whole point. We cannot change what lies ahead, but we can be more emotionally prepared for it.

By Penelope Marzec

http://www.penelopemarzec.com
http://penelopemarzec.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/happywriter


Disclaimer, cause we have to: The opinions of guest bloggers do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Mandy M Roth and Michelle M Pillow. (Want to be a guest blogger?)

Labels: ,

11 comment(s):

Thanks for stopping by! I'm a strong believer in ESP!

Anyone else have brushes with it?

By Blogger mandymroth, at 3:58 AM  

HI PENNIE!
Thanks for stopping by! A wonderful topic!

The only brushes I have with ESP is when Mandy cyber slaps me on a daily basis... (anyone feeling sorry for me? anyone? hello?)

LOL Have a great week, everyone!!!

By Blogger Michelle Pillow, at 9:36 AM  

Hey, Pennie!

I get those "feelings" quite often. My family and friends have learned to listen to me when I tell them I have a "feeling" about something. :)

I can usually always help them, but can't see anything for myself. :S

Great blog!

By Blogger Donna Grant, at 10:32 AM  

I think we just always called going it with "gut instinct".

Thanks for stopping by Donna!

By Blogger Michelle Pillow, at 10:40 AM  

The one time I really felt like I knew something without proof was on 9/11. I dreamed that my dog was dying. I jumped out of bed and started hugging her, crying--she was just fine--but then my mom called to tell me to turn on the TV. That's when we saw that the first plane had hit the tower.

Shara

www.sharalanel.com

By Blogger Shara Lanel, at 10:42 AM  

It's not hard for me to believe such a thing. When I was in college, I had a good friend who was very clarvoyant. She told me one Friday that I would meet the man I'd marry that weekend. I met several guys and one of them was the man I am married to. There were other times that she knew things she shouldn't know. But she never made me feel "weird" about the things she knew. I think it would be quite a gift to have, but also quite a responsibility.
Hugs,
Robin S.

By Blogger Robin Snodgrass, at 12:10 PM  

Donna,

It's nice that your family and friends listen to you!

Michelle,

My messages were definitely more than gut instinct. It's a bit scary, but doesn't happen very often--and that's good, too.

By Blogger Penelope Marzec, at 2:27 PM  

I'm a rationalist and a skeptic about things paranormal. But I had one ESP experience that got my attention.

It happened while I was writing a magazine article for kids about ESP. I was trying to be even-handed--quoting experts on both sides of the issue--but in fact I thought mind-reading was hokum.

Before I submitted the article, I happened to be at a dinner party, where I mentioned what I was working on. At the end of the evening, a woman who was a serious meditator asked me: "Did you receive a mental messsage from me?" I was startled because I had heard her voice in my head during the meal but pushed it aside, thinking it was just my imaginatioin.

She continued, "I don't care at all about ESP. It's just an unwanted byproduct of my meditation practice. I only did used ESP this evening so that you might realize you don't know everything there is to know about the subject." I was humbled and deeply moved.

Ten years later, I wrote a screenplay--THE ESP AFFAIR--that grew from this incident. I'm still not a true believer, but my mind is open.

By Blogger Murray Suid, at 2:30 PM  

I think we intuit more than people think about the world around us and file it away until we need it. Our mind is a powerful thing. Is that ESP? I don't know. But I think when love or loved ones are involved it amps up that power and you can make a leap of logic to get answers you may not otherwise. Love the blog. My meemaw used to do this, but she'd always have 'dreamed' something about it.

By Blogger Jenna Leigh, at 5:47 PM  

LOL, that's just what my mom always called things like that. Didn't mean to downplay at all.

Thanks ladies for stopping by!
Michelle

By Blogger Michelle Pillow, at 7:16 AM  

Michelle,

Gut instinct is a good thing, too. :^)

I enjoyed everyone's comments and I had fun being a guest blogger.

Thanks!

By Blogger Penelope Marzec, at 3:29 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home