RavenVampireClub

Monday, February 19, 2007

I never was much into the realm of the paranormal


By
Nancy Henderson

I never was much into the realm of the paranormal. Sure I believed in ghosts, UFOs, Loch Ness all that stuff that couldn’t be explained but was just spotted too often to scoff at. Raised with a traditional-religious background, I knew there was life after death. I believed in ghosts, I read and listened to ghost story specials on television. I even dressed as a ghost one Halloween when I couldn’t make up my mind what I wanted to be and my mom had to whip up a costume at the last minute. Then I saw one.

And everything changed.

I shouldn’t say I saw one, per se. I ‘felt’ one. I had an apparition, a messenger, if you will. It was six years ago. My friend, Jud, spent winters in Florida every year. It was February 6th. I woke up at 2 am, just out of the blue, instantly awake, I mean wide awake, the I-had-six-cups-of-espresso awake. And anyone who knows me knows that once I fall asleep, I’m out for the night. There’s no waking me up. So for me to wake up at 2 am, was really bizarre in itself.

I sat up in bed, looked at the clock, then I felt as if I wasn’t alone. My dog, Katie, was sleeping at the foot of my bed. She was as wide awake as I was (she requires an act of God to wake her up too.) She was looking at something at the foot of my bed. There was nothing there, but there was something. I didn’t see it. I felt it. A presence.

Katie began to wag her tail.

And then I knew. Don’t ask me how I knew, I just knew. Jud was dead. I heard it loud and clear in my head. And I had the strangest feeling of peace come over me, and I’ve never felt anything so intense since.

Jud had always loved Katie. He’d loved all dogs, but he was especially fond of Kate. And Katie knew. Don’t ask me how, but she knew. Then, just as quickly as he’d come, he was gone. Katie stopped wagging her tail, dropped her head to her paws, and went to sleep. Sleep didn’t come to me again that night.

I phoned Jud in Florida the next morning. No answer. I phoned all week, as a matter of fact. Nothing. A few weeks later, I got in touch with his son, whom I didn’t have a phone number for. (He was out of the country, so it was rather difficult to track down.)

Jud had suffered a massive heart attack February 6th at approximately 6 pm, killing him instantly.

So there is another realm, be it ghosts, the paranormal, spirits, whatever you choose to call them. Sometimes there not all scary. Sometimes they just have a message to give us.

Nancy Henderson is the author of paranormal, contemporary, and historical romances. Visit her website at: www.nancyhenderson.com or her blog at: www.nancyhenderson.blogspot.com

Disclaimer, cause we have to: The opinions of guest bloggers do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Mandy M Roth and Michelle M Pillow. (Want to be a guest blogger?)

Labels: ,

6 comment(s):

WOW. Thanks for sharing such a personal story, Nancy. A wonderful post!

Michelle

By Blogger Michelle Pillow, at 8:01 PM  

WOW! What an experience.

I've had several experiences over the years. A few years, ago my aunt died Mom and I flew out the day before the funeral and then home the right after. That night I had a strange dream that Mom was getting a collect phone call, only for some reason she couldn't come to the phone. So I took the call, as I picked up the phone in my dream I was awakened by my aunt's voice whispering 'hello' in my ear. I heard it as clear as I hear the tv right now.

I've had other visits from my aunt and other family members. My dad comes home quite often. ;-0

By Blogger Julie, at 9:35 AM  

That was an amazing story, Nancy. You made a believer out of me. You felt something that night and reading what you wrote made me feel something too. Powerful!

Gwyneth

By Blogger Gwyneth Bolton, at 12:15 PM  

That really is an amazing story! Thanks for taking time out to share it with us.

By Blogger mandymroth, at 3:00 PM  

Thanks, everybody. This is actually the first time I've told this. I guess I'm afraid no one would believe me or think I was nuts!

Julie - Your story is equally amazing. I believe in these things 100%.

By Blogger Nancy Henderson, at 3:38 PM  

Thanks for sharing, Julie. :) It's amazing how much in this world of science is still unexplained.

Thank you ladies for coming by!
Michelle

By Blogger Michelle Pillow, at 5:39 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home